Our needs have been evolving with us over time, as our technological progress never standstill. The progress itself changes our worlds. It led to the evolution of our daily demands. The power of a car is no exception here.
Nowadays, there are tons of tasks that require the work of the engine. As an example, the ECU contest. This is the place where people are squishing all the power from cars to win the event.
Such load on the engine requires additional effort and people have to set tuners in their cars to make them more productive. The efficiency of such a device can’t be overestimated, but let it have its pros and cons.
To be more specific, I suggest to take a car with 2017 6.7L engine and pick the right tuner for it, check its efficiency more accurate, dig deep in numbers, and figure its best benefits.
List & Comparison of the Best Tuner For 2017 6.7 Powerstroke:
|Superchips 1845||View on Amazon|
|HP Tuners M02-000-00||View on Amazon|
|Bully Dog 40470||View on Amazon|
|SCT Performance 40490||View on Amazon|
|Edge Products 85400||View on Amazon|
Review of the Best Programmer for Car:
Imagine a tool that will help you to add more horsepower to a car. This is the main feature of the device. As it presented in the photo, such a small thing can fit the palm of your hand and yet it can bring the torque to a completely new level.
Also, this tool doesn’t require special knowledge in electronics, as it designed to be simple in use. This is why it suits any customer, from rookie to pro. The price of such a product is average, I would say, but not cheap!
So you will know what have you spend money on. By the way, to ensure the quality of their product, Superchips cared for including a guaranteed ticket to this product and CARB sticker too.
- Speedometer correction for changes in tire size and gear ratio redesigned the graphic interface for improved user experience
- Adjust speed & rev limiters and increased memory with faster processor for improved tuning & updating speed
- Tuning for shift points, shift firmness, & TQ management
- Active fuel management control
- High-definition, 2.8″ color screen
This tuner is also claimed as a simple one. However, MPVI2 has a larger memory that its analogs, which allows downloading more programs, perform faster scanning, and still be able to have such small dimensions.
It’s worth noticing, that such a wonderful combination of mobility and functionality doesn’t affect the price and the money for MPVI2 is on the same level as the previous tuner, but the amount of “happy” cars is higher here and that makes to think about it.
As a good bonus to this device, the manufacturer took care of their customers and included all required accessories and cable. This means that the buyer won’t need to spend extra money on them, all come in one pack.
- Fastest most feature-rich OBD scanning tool on the market
- The export feature allows you to view/modify your file via Microsoft Excel (.CSV)
- Customizable gauge display
Not all tuners can say that their functions are not limited by enhancing the performance. The programmer from this manufacturer can also care for your car, which reflected in the full title of this product: BDX diagnostics and performance tuner.
This device fulfills the full cycle of the tuning process, from the start to the supporting. Seems like this product follows an essential principle of the car tuning overall – do it, but carefully.
Also, professional drivers like to have all the control of the car, so this tuner satisfies their needs too because it can perform a tire calibration in addition to everything else.
- Wide make & model fit. Works on Ford, Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, Chevrolet, GM, Cadillac, & Toyota applications. Enter your vehicle above to verify compatibility. Please contact Bully Dog support for assistance.
- Wifi connectivity. Updates and a vast library of preloaded tune files downloaded from the cloud
- Real-time monitor. Monitor key vehicle data on full-color on-screen virtual gauges
- Code clearing – Diagnose and clear trouble codes to ensure proper engine operation
- Mounted or handled. Easy-to-use push-button interface for quick changes or the sleek design looks great mounted.
- Flash & Go. Quick flashing technology gets your vehicle tuned and on the road quickly.
This device was designed by the principle “don’t make your customer worried about anything”. As the manufacturer claims, all preloaded programs were developed and tested on the streets.
Just like its previous analog, SCT created a tool that will fulfill the potential of the car along with the calibration of many various settings, such as tire/steer size adjusting and timing/rev limiter calibration.
It also works with the inner gauge of a car and provides drivers with the full specter of information. This device also helped some of them to get rid of many little, and yet annoying problems, such as reducing throttle lag for instance.
- Wide make & model fit. Works on Ford, Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, Chevrolet, GM, Cadillac, & Toyota applications. Enter your vehicle above to verify compatibility. Please contact SCT directly with any technical support needs 1-866-637-1672.
- Custom tuning. Arrives pre-loaded with Dyno-proven performance tune files & holds up to 20 custom tuning files for Maximum tune flexibility.
- Cloud delivery. Download updates and tunes from over Wi-Fi. Seamlessly matches your vehicle with available preloaded or custom tunes and settings that are available.
- Data overload. Read and record real-time stats & parameter effectiveness on a full-color display.
- Heads up display. Monitor your performance at a glance with a dynamic color display mounted to the pillar, window, or dash.
As for the last tuner on the list, I can say that it was designed especially for powerful cars. From the full title of it, we can see that such a tuner was intended for diesel fuel.
However, the programmer has a vast variety of features, even though it was created for the narrow line of cars. The operational principle here is the same as in the other programmers: upload prepared program to the tuner, connect it to the stock computer and change the settings of your car.\
- Slim, sleek case design
- Increases horsepower to add more towing capacity and speed to your car.
- Increases torque.
- Has multiple power levels.
What’s the difference between a tuner and a programmer?
Now, I want to return to the topic of tuners and programmers. Many people think that these are different devices, otherwise, they won’t have different titles. However, those people are mistaken and this is why.
To make your car produce more output energy, professional drivers often equip their cars with chips, tuners, and programmers. The only difference here is between chips and tuners.
Chips are intended to be set up right under the hood in a car, while the programmer (or tuner) are the same thing. Tuners are connecting to the OBD-II port in the car to integrate with the entire electrical system on board.
Such devices provide all the data to a driver, so he would be able to know the condition of inner systems thanks to gauges set up in a car. The tuner acquires the data from gauges and transfers them to a screen in a readable form.
The operation principle is to take away all limitations from the car and let the driver recalibrate inner systems the way he wants. It’s worth noticing, that usually such drivers are professional and they have enough knowledge and skill to handle the control over the tuned car.
Otherwise, these devices won’t be so popular among professional contest drivers and ordinarily experienced truck owners.
Having a choice is always good, but with such a vast variety of tuners customers often confuse and don’t know which one to pick. Hopefully, this article makes them more understanding and maybe helped some of the users to pick their perfect option.
I don’t say that this list is the ultimate, but narrowing down the number of options and dividing them by purposes and functions should ease the searching process for buyers.
The main rule stays the same – always double-check what are you doing and get as more information as you need. This way your tuning process will be safe and it will minimize all risks.