When the engine operates, there are a lot of processes going on within it.
One of such processes is to separate water from the fuel in the engine, so the fuel will be able to go through the engine in its pure form and get to the combustion chamber to mix with the air to create micro explosions and make the car move.
Therefore, such a thing as a filter is a very valuable element in all this set. After getting in the car, filter lets the fuel trough itself to separate water and other particles from other the resulting product and make the engine last longer thanks to it.
List & Comparison of the Best Fuel Filter for 6.7 Cummins:
|Mopar 68157291AA, 68197867AA||2013-2017||Fuel Filter + Water Separator||View on Amazon|
|Mopar 68197867AB, 68157291AA, 5083285AA||2013-2017||Fuel Filter + Water Separator + Oil Filter||View on Amazon|
|Auto Defender DF401-AD DF410-AD||2013-2018||Fuel Filter + Water Separator||View on Amazon|
|Mopar 68197867AA||2013-2016||Fuel Filter||View on Amazon|
|CARMOCAR Z240-WS||2013-2017||Fuel Filter + Water Separator||View on Amazon|
|WIX 33255||2010-2012||Fuel Filter||View on Amazon|
|Cummins Filtration FS43257||2007-2009||Fuel Filter||View on Amazon|
|Mopar 68065608AA||2010-2012||Fuel Filter||View on Amazon|
|Fleetguard FS43255||2010-2012||Fuel Filter||View on Amazon|
Review of the Best Fuel Filter for 6.7 Cummins
Mopar 68157291AA 68197867AA
One of the most famous brands in the fuel filters world. The design of this inner part was designed specifically to fit the requirements of the 6.7L Cummins engine without losing any features that make your engine last longer.
Its small micron rate allows holding more inappropriate particles than other filters do. As a bonus, it has very good ergonomics.
- Very nice micron rate
- The filter is designed specifically for use in the two-stage fuel filtration system in the Cummins 6.7L powered Dodge Ram trucks!
- A new O-Ring is included with this filter for the sensor installation
Mopar 68197867AB, 68157291AA, 5083285AA
This option is perfect for those, who want to change the whole filtering system at once. Furthermore, it designed specifically for diesel engines, which indicates it’s quality.
To have a whole set from one single manufacturer, this is the right choice, as Mopar has high-quality service. Also, this set is one of the most universal because of its dimensions, so it fits many models of Cummins Diesel engines.
- Fits 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Ram 2500, 3500, 4500, 5500 6.7L Cummins Diesel
Auto Defender DF401-AD DF410-AD
This product was made for customers who trust only high-quality items. This is why Auto Defender designed and tested these filters in many ways, so they have certifications that indicate their quality.
To become a brand that manufactures only top-tier items, in addition to all certifications, they made their filters with a super tiny hole rate, which is 3 microns!
- 3 Micron Filtration just like OEM
- Fits 2013-2018 Dodge Ram 2500, 3500, 4500, 5500 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel Engines
- Filters are QS9000/ISO9001 certified to meet or exceed OE filtration ratings. OE design, gaskets and o-rings included
- Auto Defender Part DF410-AD Mopar 68197867AA MO867 Premium Guard DF99085 Wix WF10112 Hastings FF1279 Baldwin BF46031 Fleetguard FS53000 PTC GF410
- Auto Defender Part DF401-AD Mopar 68157291AA Premium Guard Wix WF10255NP Hastings FF1199 Baldwin PF9870 Fleetguard FS53000 PTC GF401EX Fram CS11037
Another analog to already mentioned filtering system set. If you’re looking only for the fuel filter, but worry whether it will suit your car, this product was designed for you.
Unlike its previous analog, it wasn’t made specifically for diesel engines, so feel free to buy one for your 6.7L Cummins.
- Direct Replacement
- Built to strict quality control standards
- Includes gasket
Since I already mentioned cross-reference inner parts, this item is in the list of ones too. It’s the analog for Auto Defender and has the same micron rate.
So, you will have an equally good and certified fuel filter, made of the same materials (paper) to hold water and other inappropriate particles.
- Fits 2013-2017 Dodge Ram 2500, 3500, 4500, 5500 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel Engines
- Filters are QS9000/ISO9001 certified to meet or exceed OE filtration ratings
This product came right from the Heavy Duty league. As these engines are more powerful and require more amount of fuel, the filters should have an appropriate quality to be able to provide a decent service.
The bigger capacity allows holding more particles than analogs. However, the filter itself doesn’t sacrifice the hole rate for the quality and still has it on the level of filters in this list.
- Capacity(grams) : 3.766
- Duty Type: HD
- Filter Area: 1.627
Cummins Filtration FS43257
This is the product directly from the engines manufacturer. To be replaceable, this one was created to be as efficient as its analog FS43252, providing the same efficiency and protecting your diesel engine on the top level quality.
- For 6.7L Cummins diesel engines
- For 2007 – 2009 Dodge Pickup truck 2500/3500
- Replaces: FS43252 filters
This filter was designed only for one purpose – to replace the stock filter if it will go bad. To save efficiency, Mopar created this product to specifications of the 2010 Dodge Ram.
This is the perfect option for customers, who don’t want to change anything in their cars and keep inner parts in the same order they were from stock.
- Fits OEM specifications
This is the analog of the Cummins engine, designed specifically for the Dodge RAM series of trucks and its similar models. All features here are well-balanced and create very nice protection for your engine and have the top-tier filtration rating to hold as many bad particles as possible.
- High efficiency free and emulsified fuel/water separation – ensuring greater protection from water-related problems in modern high-pressure fuel systems.
- 2-stage particle removal that yields a 5-micron filtration rating 98.7% efficiency – for exceptional fuel system protection without the hassle of extra filters and plumbing.
- Optimal fuel system protection in a design that uses an easily serviceable filter housing and replacement of only the filter cartridge at service time
How Often Should You Change Fuel Filter on 6.7 Cummins?
The fuel filter clutters during operation and therefore needs to be replaced. Manufacturers recommend changing the fuel filter approximately every 16,000 miles or at least once every two years (the exact data can usually be found in the car manual).
However, do not forget that the indicated figure is appropriate only when the car is used in good conditions, fills with high-quality fuel and not exposed to heavy loads.
If the heavy loads are inevitable in the life of your car, take a rule to show your car once a year to the specialist at a service station to determine whether you need to replace some components under the hood.
What are the Symptoms of a Bad Fuel Filter?
- Unstable operation of the engine, loss of power are direct signs that the fuel filter should be changed. A clogged filter is not able to fulfill its duties – cleaning fuel from damaging particles. As a result, the power system and fuel injection nozzles become clogged, the amount of gasoline necessary for a normal operation does not go the engine.
- Increased spark plugs wear-off, accelerators, and lambda probes. The fuel that has not been properly cleaned up, burns out partially, settles on cylindrical partitions, pistons, and plugs. After that a combustible mixture saturated with heavy metals and foreign particles enters the exhaust system through a lambda probe and accelerators, thus slowly but surely reducing their term of life.
Appropriate maintenance of the fuel filters is critical. Stable engine operation depends directly on the fuel quality and filter is the only part that can provide this quality.
Make your decision wisely and always refer to your car manual or specialist to make the right choice when you picking the filter for your car. Your vehicle will always serve you well until you care for it and keep it in nice condition.